background

Friday, April 30, 2010

Am I going Mad?....Yes!

So I'm sitting here on my computer typing away when I hear clanking, rustling and an odd amount of giggling coming from the back yard.  Now, I live in an apartment where the yards are back to back, so the sounds of children playing, neighboring voices, household noises, etc.....are not unusual coming from back there.....even had oppossums digging around once....but this was different....

Like the tinkling of chandelier crystals and the scratch of metal chairs being dragged across concrete.....

Like the tromp of footsteps thru tall grass...and an eerie laughter...strange laughter....high-pitched then suddenly low and booming like something, or someone of a delirious nature....

I walk to the window and peer outside.  What on Earth could be going on out there?!

I don't see anything out of the ordinary, but decide to step out there and take a better look.  And then I notice it...a little mirror that wasn't there before.  So, delicate and pretty, I decide to peek in.

It looks like my garden, but things are a little...off.....everything in it appears to have changed ever-so-slightly.....and instead of being clear, the reflection is hazy and much too bright!  I close my eyes, despite trying to keep them open...there is only white behind my eyelids...and when I open them....
Much to my surprise....

lay an array of colorful and magical costumes just beckoning me to wear them.....

and a gorgeous tea pot filled with, what I gather to be Cinnamon Tea....since the spicy aroma fills the air around me.....begs me to come closer.

Sweet offerings  and pretty fabrics adorn the beautiful setting.....

Even a cute brown Bunny has dressed up for tea.....

I'm enthralled and ready to join the celebration!  I smile and pick up a candy heart to pop in my mouth...when....*POOF*

It all disappears!

I shake my head in disbelief...and in dissappointment...who doesn't like an excuse to dress-up and play for a while?  I'm thinking I need to go in out of the sun...when the familiar, spicy fragrance of cinnamon wafts by me....and that laughter, again!....softer now...with an echo, as if in a dream.....

I hurry now, as if getting inside will make my hallucinating less serious :) But before I get to the door...I see this hidden in the Lavender......

It's For You!

Inside it says,
"Be Mad, be glad, be oh-so silly,
Come revel in your insanity,
Wear hats with bats and socks or spats,
Come dressed all willy-nilly"

"Don your mask,
And your glittery bows,
No need to ask,
For I already know....
Of course, I've saved you a seat!....
Now....how would you like your tea?"

Come join the Festivities on Saturday, June 26th
by signing up to be a part of this year's Mad Tea Party! The link is at the top of my sidebar. 

Vanessa at A Fanciful Twist is hosting, yet again!  I'm excited to be a part of it..to get kooky and have fun.......being my first time, and all...hahahahah! (now, I'm the one with the maniacal laughter!!!)

Hope you enjoyed the prelude to the madness.....
Have a wonderful weekend :)
Cameron

3 comments:

Kaerie Faerie said...

Wow, you are an amazing artist, thank you for checking out my blog I love the Mother & Child painting just fabulous, I'll be following you
your fairy friend
Kaerie Faerie

Lauren said...

I'm so glad that you found me, I just love your blog and artwork!! :) Thanks for your sweet comment, it made my day. And this post is just fabulous, I love that teapot! ~Lauren

miruspeg said...

Cam I have just seen the movie "Alice in Wonderland" which I absolutely adored and this post took me right back there.
Enjoyed your humour and your madness and the photos.
Hugs
Peggy xxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...