background

Friday, March 1, 2013

Dipping into the Sea...........Glass, again!

Hello Wonderful Friends!

I've heard your polite requests, and I am looking forward to getting my hands all covered in paint again!  I hope to have new art here very soon....

But, just so you know I haven't been putting the paint aside for nothing, I've finished up another round of experiment projects using my beloved sea glass collection again.

I've put gorgeous, rounded and smooth pieces on bobby pins, for the first time...

 
....and love how this showcases the beauty of a single piece.
 
 
...and then I tried using the tiniest bits I have, and made earrings!  Placed in the bezel with a pair of tweezers and patience....haha!
 
 
Together, the little chips make such a pretty mosaic.  These bezels are just 3/4 of an inch (2 cm) in diameter just to give you an idea how many pieces are in there.
Nothing going to waste here!
 
 
As with all these whims I get, I just made a few.....only 4 pairs.  I like to try things, then move on to the next.  Keeps things fresh and exciting for me and the items unique.  I like to think, anyways....haha!  They are in the Shop now :)
 
So, I am very ready to get some paint slinging to mix things up again :P
 
For all you sewing girls...and Vintage fans, I wanted to share this with you.
 
Do you know what it is?
 
The pins on top are a clue.
 
 
Isn't it adorable?! 
A wee pin cushion sheath houses small sewing shears for trimming threads and whatnot. 
 
 
It belonged to my Japanese Grandmother and is about 50 years old.  I think it is just fantastic.
Just listed it in the Vintage Shop today.
 
Can't believe the weekend is here again...the year already seems to be going so quickly.  Hope your days are filled with all your favorite things!
 
Hugs all around,
Cam

10 comments:

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

These look really great. I love how the sun shines through them. :) And the pin cushion looks amazing!

Magic Love Crow said...

Your creations with the sea glass are all very pretty and unique! The pin cushion and small sewing shears is really cute!

Unknown said...

The sea glasses are very very pretty. What are they really?

brandi said...

~you my friend...are a multi talented creative one who just continues to surprise us with such magical little treats...they are wonderful pieces you have made...happy weekend ahead to you and yours as well...much love light and blessinsg~

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Oh how lovely, Cam! I have never seen such small pieces of sea glass - it makes them quite perfect for mosaics. And I love the little pincushion - so sweet. Happy March to you!

Debi said...

Its the MerMaid in you creative♥ that keeps drawing you back....I am so happy you listen. Everyday I use my seaglass barrett and zipoff to a more magical place...truly I do...
Isnt that the most fasinating sewing tool...wow..that would keep snopers away better than knitting needles...♥Debi

PiaRom said...

your new creations are so cute! those sweet bobbypins...what a gorgeous idea! and how you make that beautiful safetyhead for such sharp cutters! you are so creativ and always make new things to enrich our world :) big hug Conny

Carmen said...

Those teeny tiny sea glass workings are so cute! Yet again - it makes me wish I dressed my hair up a bit more... or that I hadn't let my pierced ears close up.

That little pin cushion is such fun - is there any end to your creativity?

Treehugger_31 said...

So pretty!! I just love sea glass!

Victoria said...

Love the glass..magical...full of stories and woven by the waters!! Beautiful my friend! and of course love the hat...so sweet...ad very very special!!
Victoria

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...