background

Monday, September 26, 2011

Claythings

There's been a strange, new development in my studio lately....
I go to bed with a new Paperclay package set out for the next day...
and when I wake up......a figurine is standing on my desk next to an empty wrapper....
Those clay elves must be at it again!

Ahhhh, if only that were true! 
I bought a large amount of the stuff back in January and just now started to try my hand at it.

It's not easy......

But I quickly became addicted!
Now, in addition to the usual paint smears on my clothes and skin, you can now find clay bits under my nails and gesso in my hair :)

What do you think of this guy?


I call him Bug~a~Boo because of his buggy eyed expression....
He's actually a functioning box for.....wait for it....


......creepsakes...haha!
Move over Martha Boowart!
Here is the Hostess with the Grossest!
She comes with accessories like these Black Widow cookies....Devil's Food, of course!


All these fun, spooky things....

This grinning witch really turned into a labor of love....I kept adding more and more to her....I had to completely repaint her dress 3 times!

But I think she's frightfully delightful now!

She stands almost 10 inches (24 cm) high!

Did those cookies make you hungry?  I have just the thing for you!


Btw, do you like the neat filters I'm using on some of the photos? I got them here!

Creepy Crawly Confections, anyone?

Just something fun for staging a witchy tea party scene ;P

And then, there is Smudge...


With book in hand, he keeps secrets and sorts spells....a cute little Witch's Apprentice!

Have Magic, will travel ;P


I had to add the pumkin to make him balance....look at that tail...haha!

And, not to leave out my Christmas loving friends....


Jingles is my very first snowman...


I gave him actual twig arms...just like a real snowman!

All these creations are in my shop ready to find new homes :)

What will the clay elves make next?
Heeheehee!

Biggest hugs!
Cam

21 comments:

Hybrid J said...

Wonderful Halloween craft work! Just what else you can't do!!!?? :)

Anonymous said...

Your energy just totally amazes me! And you are clever!

Marty said...

Wow! You are so crazy talented Cameron! I love all of your creations!

Raven Moon Magic said...

wow its like your paintings in 3D, they look soo good Cameron. i was thinking that because you said it was hard you may have given up a bit but NOOOOO!! you have created so much. I love them to bits, and the painting and varnishing makes them look delish!

I do hope someone buys these treats, that snowmans arms are just too cute.

You have a magical way with faces for sure! Queen of the eyes!

off to look at the shop

xxx
sheree

Micki Wilde said...

Wow Cam you are so clever!!
Those are fantastic, I am rubbish at working with paperclay, you totally nailed it, they are all wonderful!!

Clare said...

Hi there - now this looks like a lot of fun. I have a recipe for making paper clay that I found on Pinterest and I'm dying to have a go - just need to find t i m e - Wish I know where to buy more time. I love all the scary and funny little creatures.

Dianie said...

Cameron,
Your clay work is FANTASTIC!!!!
I love all the details and your ideas are totally creative :)

Have a great day!

~Diane

Cindy Adkins said...

OH MY GOSH--this is totally amazing--I love it all. You are soooo super-talented, my friend.
XO
Cindy

WrightStuff said...

What a talent you are! These are so delightful, I bet they will be snapped up (probably by a pumpkin with sharp teeth!!)

Buccaneers and Ball Gowns said...

These are just adorable. I love me some Smudge!

miruspeg said...

Cam I agree with ALL the other comments, you have amazing talent and I love your sense of humour too.
Keep shining sweet friend.
Hugs
Peggy xxxx

Treehugger_31 said...

Love the cat!!! :)
Those buggy cookies creeped me out!!!

Geri said...

You've been busy! They are Spook-tacular!

Carmen said...

So gorgeous Cameron :D I have had clay on my wish list for so long - I may just have to give in! Making a doll at the mo from pipecleaners and texture paste... just working up the guts to op a barbie's head orf. Why do I feel so guilty? Why?

Back to you. Love your clay creations - have to agree that it looks like your paintings have spung to life!

Sheryl Hastings said...

I love your creations. They are adorable! The pumpking guy at the top is my favorite.

If a little clay elf showed up while you were sleeping, you'd be mad because he's be stealing all your fun!

Unknown said...

Love all of your creations! Mr. Bug A Boo is one of my favorites. You've done a fantastic job. ~Alicia

Kristin said...

Seriously!!?? You are AMazing!! I love what you have created - and only wish I could be at your house for Halloween - it must be such a sight!! I am blown away, xoxo

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Wow! These are all so fantastic! I've had some paper clay forever - I'll have to open it up and try to play!

Gerri Herbst said...

theses are amazing! Love the creepy crawly confections! Come by my blog ...You will be surprised!
take care, gerri

Joyce van der Lely said...

Oh yesss pleaz, I'll have a cuppa with a roach-eclair ;O

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love your clay items! The cat is great...love the witch, too! Can't wait to look in your shop! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...