background

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Guess I am a Little Lost

I'm getting all buttered up linking to the Butterfly Effect today!
The theme this week is Portraits...

So, I have this old picture of Killian that I've long wanted to use for a painting....


Now, let me back up for a sec....seeing how most of you are newer friends, I'll give a quick history.
Killian is the daughter of an old coworker of mine.  I used to do photoshoots with her where I'd dress her up in some of my costume stuff, plunk her down in various settings and snap away....
She got to play dress up and get a few neat pictures out of it....and I would get great fodder for future paintings.

I've used her likeness or pose for quite a few of my pieces...
Such as:

And...

And most recently...

So, now that we covered who she is and what I'm doing with a photo of her, I'm pleased to show you a painting I literally just finished this afternoon....loosely based on the picture I showed you above. :)


"Not Lost" 8x10 inches Mixed Media on canvas


The writing says "All who wander Are not lost"
....and after I finished it....and was feeling so proud of myself...
...I realized I wrote the quote down wrong...oops!

It should say "Not all who wander are lost"


Oh well, I'm hoping the message still comes thru...
I just think she looks really cool!  I sketched her in sharpie pen and added lots of layers of paper, stamping, paint, colored pencils and oil pastels....


I'll have her up on Etsy later (* she's on there now*) cuz no matter how cool I think something is...I never want to keep it for myself...haha!  Always been that way ;P

Thank you for the visit! 
 If you'd like to join in the The Butterfly Effect, too...you have all week to link
up.  Anything goes :)

Gotta run!
My best,
Cameron

18 comments:

amy said...

yeah!
you are super pretty!

so is the girl you photographed. i love her hair.

your painting!

whoot!

really? you don't keep your stuff?
i'm going to stalk your etsy :)

i triple love that the quote is cam-ified.

hehehe.

wanderers... you suckers.

Faerie Moon Creations said...

What a gorgeous painting, Cameron! I love it so much! Killian is a natural model - what great inspiration she provided for much of your lovely work. :)

Geri Centonze said...

Cam, your new painting is gorgeous and Killian has a great face...the perefect model!

Clare said...

She is such a beautiful girl - I can see why you wanted to paint her, she has an impish look. I love your latest painting - the quote works beautifully so don't stress. I love the colours they create just the right atmosphere. I agree - although I like my art I like it better when it has found a new home - I can't wait to begin selling my stuff again.

WrightStuff said...

She certainly makes a great model who inspires beautiful paintings! Another great job. I love the fantasy quality of your paintings.

NatashaMay said...

Awww! Look! Cam is playing along with us. :) I'm so glad you decided to do so. :)

I've seen a couple of your posts mentioning her and basing your paintings on her photos but I never knew who she was. :)

You did an awesome job like always. Even the quote fits perfectly.:)

Diane said...

I must agree with you--this is so very cool--hard to give up!

Allison said...

One of these days I am going to have you paint something for me!! You are truly amazing Cam!!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your art is very beautiful! I'm off to look at more of your blog! I am amazed! ♥

Kristin said...

WOW! This is awesome! I LOVE the idea of you having a model you use for future drawings / paintings / inspiration and absolutely love what you have done with this one today. Really, really beautiful - as is she. Beautiful photography too, xoxo

Diane MacNaughtan * Dianie Mac * said...

Cameron,
I LOVE the portrait!!!!
It is so beautiful & I love all the colors you have in this piece.
I agree, Killian is a perfect model for your work.

Have a splendid day!

~Diane

Carmen said...

You have a muse! That is super cool! Love that you have this stash of inspiration just waiting for you to encourage to something else! Love this new one too.

iamrushmore said...

gorgeous girl on a dreamy background. love your beautiful handwriting - didn't notice that the quote was "wrong". it works beautifully.

AliciaArtShop said...

gorgeous!! I love your art ♥

Joyce van der Lely said...

Wow, Love your post and all the art you've put in it. She';s a real pixie girl, can imagine you want to paint her ! You got me sidetracked and confused though, because when I saw "Butterfly Effect", I thought you meant the one that runs until the end of this year, the one that gathers/collects Butterflies for the lost children of the Holocaust, see a button in my sidebar and my post here for links and more info
http://jetdtsetters.blogspot.com/2010/11/butterfly-project-effect.html
You might like to send them a butterfly yourself as well ?

Jenny Blair said...

what a beautiful model!And what a gorgeous piece...do you know I would never have noticed the quote was "wrong"...makes perfect sense to me!
:)x

Fallingladies said...

LOve the photos and the art, both are wonderful!!! I bet you could even sell the photos if you tried on etsy. and I like the quote better your way!

Gina said...

How fabulous to have your own private model haha! And she is so gorgeous...a real muse :D
Your piece is equally gorgeous, and I love the sentiment :D XXX

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...