background

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Music for my Muse

Hello Shiny, Happy People!

I  first heard of a fun, folksy musical group called the Wiggly Tendrils via Juliette Crane's Blog.  Their music is just so quirky and easy to listen to!  The best part is that they take requests!  They use your concepts....your words....and for free, no less, write a song just for you!  They created a song for her about her E*course called How to Paint an Owl :)


I was up late last night perusing the Blogosphere...and decided to request my own song!
Here's the info I gave them....

What is your song idea?
In the magic of the night, awake when everyone else sleeps...I paint. I create. My heart is young, my art is fantasy, my older self lends it's wisdom without worrying about grey hair or eating too many carbs. I get lost in a world of mermaids and unicorns....find happiness in a place of pens, brushes, paint tubes and canvas....trade my crows feet in for wings of imagination, exchange my age spots for smears of paint...

There is magic in that liquid, like the waters of the fountain of youth...it re-energizes my spirit and masks the weariness that creeps into my bones...

I dare not succomb to the soft sounds of sleep in the air...for there will be plenty of time to slumber when I can no longer hold a paintbrush...and the Muse no longer whispers to me in the stillness...

Describe your song in one word: Escape

I was feeling a little melancholy, if you couldn't tell...haha!  But I love the song :)
Would you care for a song to add to your Life's Soundtrack? ;P

Biggest of grins,
Cameron

14 comments:

NatashaMay said...

Lol! I love this! :)) I wondered about Juliette's song and you made it clear now. :)

Her Speak said...

*SQUEE!* How perfect is this?! I'm also happy I can finally leave a comment on your blog--blogger has been being a snot lately. Boo. ;/

How could they not create this amazing song, when you gave them the amazing energy to start? :) So much Paint Love!

I so enjoy your work and the awesome vibe of your blog home. :)

Juliette Crane said...

that is such a fun request! cannot wait to hear it! the best part is that so many of the songs are really different from the rest, but they are all so fun to listen to and so, so good!

enjoy!
-juliette

Artist Terri Smith said...

Hi Cameron! Thanks So Much For Popping By My Place And Leaving Such A Fabulous Critique! Hearing How Other Creative Minds Feel About A Certain Composition Truly Helps As I Progress Into The Next. Every Time I Visit Your Place Here ~ I Walk Away Feeling Inspired And Full Of Joy! Sending You A Hug Of Warm Georgia Sunshine Today ~ Terri

Treehugger_31 said...

Fun!

Crystalrainbow said...

thats really cool :) x

Kelly Berkey said...

I love that song! How cool is that!! What a great idea! Stop by my blog when you can to learn about a new art retreat...juliette might be teaching there next year too! xo

WrightStuff said...

That is just 'peachey'. I love it. Imagine having your very own song, what a thing to treasure. I'd heard Juliette's song and assumed a friend made it for her.

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

What fun ! I make up songs about a lot of things, slow drivers, New Year's underwear, Happy Dancin' ...lots to sing about (())

Melissa said...

Oh yay~~ I can comment now! I have been trying to comment for weeks but it often will not let me post on your blog! xo....love this post...made me smile...and think:)
Have a great day Cameron!

DolceDreams said...

What a fun and very cool idea, I love it!
Nathalie

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Well, THAT sounds like fun! I may just have to give that a try. :) Great choice, Cam! :)

Wini said...

Hi Cameron, What a great idea!!! I love your song too and I'm very inspired!! I sent you a request via 21 secrets. Not sure if you've seen it yet? Have a lovely weekend! Wini xo

Carmen said...

That is a truly beautiful song. Listened to it twice straight through.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...