background

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Random Goodness :o)

Hello Everyone!

I've been feeling so good the last couple days!  It has rained off and on here...and I LOVE it! The sounds of the intermittent rain...

....the big gray clouds on the horizon that suddenly part and let a bit of sunshine thru....the chilliness that makes you need to grab a pair of socks and a hot mug of something soothing!  I'm enjoying every minute of it.
I ventured into the backyard after the rain stopped to snap these pics for you!
You can see the raindrops here on my favorite rose :)


Our Tomatoes and Snap peas are almost ready to pick...

I always get so mentally energized on these kinds of days!  It was so hot a couple weeks back, giving me a glimpse of what Summertime holds for us in the near future, so I am thoroughly enjoying this revisiting of coolness :)

I dropped my daughter off at Preschool today and spent 2 hours perusing the book aisles of my local Goodwill....today just happened to be a 5 for $1.00 day! Wow!


I got 15 wonderful old books with great illustrations like these....





I even picked up a couple of kids' board books to try a little experiment like Betty at PinkGlitterFae.
She sands and gessos the pages and paints in them....really cool!  Please check them out on her blog....they are really neat :)

Oh, and I finally framed the great paperback girls I bought from her a while back....they needed a special touch to really showcase them...

I took these old frames I had and painted them.....matted the girls with a black and white graphic paper, and  I'm totally in love with how they turned out!!


I'm waving to you :)

...and while I'm on the subject of all the great stuff I've gotten from Blog Friends lately, I wanted to make sure I kept my promise to show you what I got from the swap I did with Heather at Ramblings from the Animal House...

She made these sweet, reusable lunchbags for my daughter...

......and this awesome Goddess Pennant for me :)

My friend, Sheree from Raven Moon Magic has sent me many beautiful things in trade for the Raven Song artwork (on my sidebar) some of which are this child's apron with her Paper Moon art on it (for Maggie), pretty zippered pouch and an Original Paper Moon art piece!

...and this gorgeous bunting featuring her art livens up my office/studio now, too!

She has offered an intriguing collaboration idea....we are sending eachother doll makings and then creating with the bits, our own style doll to happily give away....maybe a Pay It Forward listing? Hmmm.... I just might do that....

Anyways....you'll have to stay tuned to see what I come up with...haha!  Never made a doll with a "real" face yet :D

Well, I guess that's it for now....so much on the list to do....including a couple swaps in the works!  Can't wait to get those complete and share them with you...heehee!

Hope you're having a great week!
Thinking about you all....and smiling :D
Cameron

23 comments:

Geri Centonze said...

Love the rose!!! And your matted framed prints are adorable - the pink, black, white combination is so girlie! I've also experimented with board books - I made a shrine out of one not long ago http://myheartartbygeri.blogspot.com/search/label/Shrine

Cynthia L. said...

Looks like you got some good deals at the goodwill store. I love getting books from there! I am always on the hunt for some good used craft books.

I like the idea of swapping goodies and making something with them. I know you will do a great job!

Hybrid J said...

Enjoy a peek into your wonderful creative life. Magical! ;)

Clare said...

what a fun post - filled with lovely art stuff. i could almost smell the rain from your pics and description. have a lovely summer!

Pease Porridge said...

Love all the books you found at goodwill! And your framed paintings turned out beautiful. I need to paint some of my old frames like that. I want to thank you so much for your generous offer, but I already have some ideas in mind for that. I think I will print out some real kitties that are up for adoption. I am trying to help my Mom get my Dad to change his mind about adopting a kitty, so I might just print out some real possibilities. Pretty naughty of me to have those sweet faces hanging over my Dad's head all day , but my mom misses having one sooo bad. AND, I read you live longer with a pet so they really do need one. Ha ha. Rose LOVES the idea, but she has to share a party with her brother so I am sure their will be some adoptable storm troopers too. ;) PS, I forgot to mention how completely adorable your daughter is. Happy Birthday Maggie!

miruspeg said...

Cameron what a wonderful look into your world through pictures and words.
Random goodness....a lovely title and a beautiful post.

I thought that sketch of the seahorse was excellent. They are such gorgeous creatures.
Keep shining my delightful friend you are such bright light.
Big hugs
Peggy xxxx

JessiVille said...

Hi Cameron, Love peeking into your world. What a great post! Gorgeous rose! I am so jealous that you have tomatoes and such! Still too rainy and windy for us here. I might try planting one nice plant on my deck this time - they are so hard to grow here. I really love your framing job - the art is adorable - and I got excited for you at your goodwill book haul - lol! I got a fairy name from your link, so fun! See you around blogland! Jessi xox

JessiVille said...

Hi, me again... Wanted you to know that I was going to mention my goddess's bhindi in my bog but didn't know how to spell it! Thanks for commenting on it and teaching me the spelling - lol! Jessi xox

NatashaMay said...

Great photos! The rose shot is awesome! And I love the framed prints. SO cute!

Raven Moon Magic said...

Look at you and your veges, go gardening lady, the tomatoes look amazing, I am so longing for your hot spell, it is officially cold here now, and I dont like it at all! wish I was rich enough to globe hop all year and just have an endless spring and summer. Very excited about our doll swap, cant wait to get my bits. mmmm I smell your roses aaahhhh

ohh well one can dream!

much love
xxx
sheree

Crystalrainbow said...

wow your garden is way ahead of ours here :) thanks for the peek into your world :) x x x

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh--I love it all, Cameron! But, gosh that sky and rose are gorgeous!!
XO
Cindy

The Altered Paper said...

You took some beautiful pictures! And I love your framed art pics from the books! They look great! Hugs,Tee

pinkglitterfae said...

I love posts with lots of pretty pictures, lol!
when I first saw a pic of your tomatoes I almost fell off my chair...We don't even have seedlings planted yet, and we don't see green tomatoes until late August! gosh I envy your weather, it's been raining constantly here.

Love how you framed my 'girls' :-)
have fun with your creative endeavors, you will be a very busy lady, lol!
xoxo
betty

Carmen said...

*waving back*

Just love what you've been doing this week. The framed art looks amazing, those books... a steal! Great find!

The rose picture looks like it was painted!

Can't wait to see what you do with your swap bits and... you don't need to know how green with jealousy I am that Sheree is now the proud owner of Raven Song ;)

trisha too said...

That was a fantastic post, Cameron--thank you for sharing your day with us!

I'm pretty sure I have that Renaissance poetry book around here somewhere . . . not joking . . .

Gerri Herbst said...

Oh I love this post. First there was that beautiful rose!, then the lovely framed paintings in yr home, then the fabric banner. Thanks so much for sharing this inspiring story of your daily art life.

Christine Krauss said...

Beautiful multi-gifted lovelies Cameron! I loved your framed paintings and all of your beautiful photos! The joy you have showed in everything! I love your artwork! Lovely :0) xxx

Sandra Evertson said...

Beautiful Photos!
Sandra Evertson

Faerie Moon Creations said...

I'm SO jealous that you are going to have tomatoes already. Ours are just baby seedlings right now. I love tomatoes so much. :) Thanks for sharing all your gorgeous goodies. Enjoy. I can't wait to see what comes of your doll-creating. I know it will be beautiful. :) Theresa

Magpie Shinies said...

Cameron,

Thanks for your nice comments on my blog - I checked out your cat paintings, and they are so cute! I have some paintings of my passed on kitties, I need to take photos! Yours are lovely, though.

I also signed up to follow your blog, I really like your work!

Kimberlee of Magpie Shinies

Treehugger_31 said...

Glad you enjoyed the swap! Hope your little one has fun with her reusable lunch bags!

I too, am a bit jealous of your tomatoes!!! :)

WrightStuff said...

Wow - my tomato plants don't even have flowers yet!

The rose photo is just perfect. Do you know, I think I might actually be able to smell it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...