background

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Oh Fiddlestix!

Hello Everyone!  I hope you are all having a glorious week!!

I wanted to thank you all for your warm birthday wishes and kind, supportive words!  I can't tell you how much reading what you shared really helped me.  So nice to know that good friends are just a keyboard away :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm doing another wonderful swap....heehee!  I just love them!  This time with Heather over at Ramblings from the Animal House.  Just as the name of her Blog implies...she has a lot of animals coexisting in her retro, funky home.  She often shares pictures of her brood (which include cats, a bunny and a skunk to name a few), her home improvement projects, thrifty finds and crafty makes! If you haven't had the pleasure of meeting her yet...please stop by and tell her I sent you :) 

So she's making me some wonderful things...which I will share with you soon....

What did she request from me, you ask?

She is a girl who loves owls and cats....and after seeing the stuffed owls I made before, kindly requested one in mustard, gold, orange and/or brown to match her retro-vintage style :)

So, let me introduce you to Fiddlestix....
I tried to incorporate the colors of the 60's along with Heather's preferences to create her.  She is a sweet little owl....she doesn't talk much...but her tummy says it all :D 

I purposely made these photos a little yellowish to look a bit older.....

I hope you like her Heather!

......but wait!  There's more...heehee!

Because of her love of cats, as well....I drew up a quick pattern and made my first Feline Stuffie!

This is "Twiggy" or "Twigs" for short :D
Her fabric has leaves and berries on it...y'know like twigs and stuff...plus, that's a very iconic name of that decade.  Besides, she is a slender kitty, too :D

Here, my cat, Button is telling me to stop taking pictures and let her outside already...haha!

I think they make a really cute pair.  I'm excited to see a picture of them residing in their new home (hint, hint, Heather...haha!)
My daughter has now requested a Kitty for her room after seeing this one!  Anyone else? I really had fun making these!

Well, I've had a busy week....and today is no exception...
I've gotta run, but I wanted to tell you all again how much I appreciate and cherish your visits, thoughts and friendships....Thank you!!!!

Big Hugs,
Cameron

14 comments:

Shayla said...

Those are so flippin adorable! Holy cats! I just ...wow...too cute! I want to do a swap with someone! That sounds like fun.

Getrealmommy said...

Really cute!!

Treehugger_31 said...

You really outdid yourself Cameron! I love them both...and such cute names too! Thanks so much. I'm looking forward to working on your gifts this weekend. :)

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Cameron, these two are so super cute!!!! I know Heather will adore them. :) That owl is just amazing - and it looked to me like your cat was kind of jealous of the stuffed cat! LOL Can't wait to see the goodies you get. Hurray for swaps!!! Theresa

SaraLynn said...

What cute stuffed creatures! I love that the owl's face is a heart - precious! <3

Hybrid J said...

You're such a gem, Cam and such cutey cat and owl.

BTW, I never forget my promise of a Swap. But since I want to do justice to your wonderful work, I want to make sure my skill is up to the level.

So pls be patience. I'm sttill intend to make you something special! ;D

Diane said...

LOVE....these 2 little cuties!

Michele from Pipi La La said...

OMGosh they are super sweet! Love them! and love your blog!

miruspeg said...

Fiddlestix and Twigs are delightful, just like their creator.

Keep shining my sweet, sweet friend.
Big hugs to you too.
Peggy xxxx

Crystalrainbow said...

love em :)

Carmen said...

I can almost hear real kittie mew of disgust at being kept waiting *g*

Oh I love both your stuffies! Just gorgeous. I hope you are keeping tabs of my likes? *hint, hint* Though I have no idea what you would ever want of mine!

Fair Rosamund said...

These are both just adorable Cameron! You did such a great job incorporating the vintage elements :) And what a cute appearance of Button! I hope you and the family have a great Easter! :) ~Lauren

Denise said...

Those are so cute! If that's your first kitty, you did an absolutely perfect job! I love the word "stuffies" it describes your adorable creations perfectly. I have one of those slender cats too! Bless their little lazy hearts. Or at least mine is a little lazy. :) Hope you have a purrrrfect week.

jennifer said...

These are both so cute! Love the colours of both of them, they definitely fit a retro style i think! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...