background

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Trade....Secrets

Hello Everyone!

I'm so excited to share a beautiful piece of art with you! I've been fortunate enough to add a Siren to my collection via Deedra @ Foxy Blue!
The wonderful Deedra read that I love to do trades (ahem, anyone).....and suggested we do one, too....of course I said YES!

I sent her this......my original 9x12 watercolor, "Tempest"


...and she painted gorgeous, "Nerissa" for me!!

It was hard to take a picture that truly does her justice...she has so much lovely texture, shimmer and irridescence in person....but the camera just gives it a glare...

She is on 8x10 canvas  and just brings so much Life to my tan colored walls!  Isn't that texture incredible!!              Thank you, Deedra!

I'm also excited to report that I've enrolled in the "21 Secrets" Course which starts April 1st!  21 different artists (including Tam @ Willowing) will each offer up a class that you may pick and choose from....do them all, do a few.....it's all up to you!  I love that you have 4 whole months to dabble and play....all for just $59!  Pretty good, huh?!  Just click on the picture so Tam can tell you all about it :)

Can't wait to learn some new tricks and techniques....will I be seeing any of you there?  Let me know....maybe we can choose some of the same courses and do them together...keep eachother on track.....cuz I can have trouble sometimes with self-motivation (an understatement)...haha!  I'm a fantastic cheerleader/taskmaster, though! ;-P

I'll be talking to you all soon!
Take care...big hugs...and all that good stuff :)
Cameron

6 comments:

Carmen said...

I was tempted, sorely tempted but I have 4 classes I am yet to finish already (2 of Tams) so until I do I'm banning myself from anymore.

Both these paintings are utterly gorgeous - what, do you have a wall of Sirens? Do show!

Deedra said...

I'm so glad you like her, Carmen! And I am madly in love with Tempest. She's already matted, framed, and hung lovingly with all of my other treasures. She makes me SO HAPPY!!! I can't even begin to tell you how much I LOVE her!!!!!! Thank you so so so so so so much for agreeing to this swap with me! It brings me so much joy!!

Deedra

Louise said...

Hi Cameron, I think your mermaids are wonderful - both the one you painted and the one you received. It always amazes me how varied our art can be - how two different people approach the same subject.
I haven't signed up yet, but am thinking I probably will do 21 Secrets too!

Diane said...

Both of these--GORGEOUS!! And I think I'm going to look into that 21 secrets workshop--what a great idea--Thanks so much for sharing!

Cindy Adkins said...

Wow, how totally beautiful and magical!!!
XO

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Absolutely FABULOUS trade! That mermaid is a favorite of mine - and what a gorgeous goody you got in return. :) I SO wish I could take the 21 secrets class - but my hands are full right now. Have oodles of fun! Theresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...