background

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Bugs and Blooms

Hello All!

So glad to visit with you all so soon!  I don't know about you, but things seem to be speeding up around here!  So busy now!  Our weekend is especially packed, and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to pop in to show all of you something a little different :)

This is my first "Big Eyed Girl".  Everyone seems to have their own version....especially in the whimsical mixed media genre.... I love the way they are always so full of emotion, probably cuz the eyes are the window to the soul....and when they're bigger, so is the window...haha!

Anyhoo, I just sat down to paint.  I usually don't do any preliminary sketches....just pull out the paper and paint prepped canvas I like at the time, draw a simple pencil outline, and begin...
I think she was waiting there for me cuz I really didn't know what I was going to paint.

She is entitled "Butterfly Garden" on 5 x 7 inch canvas board.  She gets such a kick out of visiting the Butterfly Gardens every year.  She closes her eyes sometimes and twirls, imagining she has wings....
This year, she put a flower in her hair to entice them to come even closer :)

I'm starting to get a better grip on highlighting eyes to give them more life....and I just had to try my hand at freckles....I've never put freckles on one of my girls before!  It gives her such a playful quality!

She is in the shop waiting for someone new.....

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!  Fill it with smiles :D

Big Hugs,
Cameron



16 comments:

Kiki aka Victoria said...

Carmen!!...oh my..such a dazzling beauty..she is gorgeous and super enchanting..i love her freckles! (said the freckle faced girl!)
Yay..beautiful..the butterflies are gorgeous..everything is flowing like poetry..wonderful work!
Shine on
Victoria~

Carmen said...

She's fabulous. Love the butterflies :)

trisha too said...

It seems like the "big-eyed girl" is everywhere, and they all look pretty much alike--but yours has a personality all her own!

And that is DEFINITELY a good thing!

:)

Cynthia L. said...

Really nice painting. Love the colors!

Kathy said...

Adorable painting, Cameron. The eyes are really good! And I love the rose in her hair. The color is amazing! Cheers, Kathy

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh wow, Cameron--she is really, really special!!!
I just got done watching a movie called Mother & Child...it was really good...It made me homesick for California because it takes place there!!!
XO

Fiona Whitehead said...

Hi Cameron - thanks for stopping by - my daughter did indeed love her painting - she said it has pride of place on her wall at Uni - I knew she'd love him. thanks so much x

miruspeg said...

Your blog is sooo uplifting Cameron.
I love your artwork and your commentary. I feel like I am in the room with you having a conversation.
Take care dear friend and have a wonderful weekend.
Big hugs
Peggy xxxx

Diane said...

My favorite kind of painted face--I just LOVE the whimsy!!

priti.lisa said...

WoW Carmen! Great job and I love the freckles :)
xo

Faerie Moon Creations said...

How pretty is she! I just love that she has freckles. Great job, Cameron! Theresa

Denise said...

She's cute as can be! I love her freckles.

Nicola said...

Oh wow! She is lovely! Gorgeous textures in this piece. I discovered your blog through Deedra and so glad i did, love your work, it's beautiful! I'll now become a follower :0)

Abi said...

I like big eyed girls! she is gorgeous and her freckles are too cute.

SaraLynn said...

Your big-eyed girl is so cute! She has such a fun expression and her freckles are the sweetest touch!

Fiona Whitehead said...

Thanks for the hug Cameron - very much appreciated x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...