background

Thursday, February 3, 2011

How Have You Felt Lately?

Hello My Dears!

Sorry I've been a tad MIA....
I've been a little preoccupied with the Huge OWOH event!  I've visited so many great blogs in the past 4 days...and I've barely scratched the surface...haha!  No wonder it's a 2 week event ;-)

But, luckily.....
I have some cuties to share with you!  You didn't think I'd show my face here empty-handed, did you?!

I've traded paints this week for colorful bits of fuzzy goodness....Felt!

A friend of mine asked me to create a special cupcake pin for her to wear at her daughter's birthday...I dragged my feet....took out the stuff...then put it back away...then took it out again...haha!  I'd never tried to make one before, but after the whole Valentine Lollipops project turned out better than expected, I figured I'd give it a go :)

My mission parameters were as follows:  Include the Party colors of hot pink and light pink (with a splash of purple) and include a cherry on it....please.....that is all......

Mission Impossible?
Nope...I did it!

...and get this....it's the 1st one!  I thought for sure I'd have to go thru a couple to work it out...so I'll be proudly handing that over to her next week. Oh, and the cupcake layer is actually a dark choc brown...not black....though it wouldn't matter what color a cupcake was, I'd eat it anyway...heehee...

mmm...

Sorry, I got to thinking about real cupcakes....mmmm....I'm on a no sugar, low carb eating plan....great for the waistline, but not condusive to cupcake eating....hence, the cupcake fantasizing ....
......mmmm......
I got this pic here

....sorry again! Where was I? Oh yes....

 So, at least it appears that I can take the Lazy Cap off for a while...though it does tend to match so many of my outfits ;-P 

It actually whet my appetite for more felt experiments....

I decided to make a few of these....

I love how crazy colors all mixed together look so cute on felt projects....

I actually listed them in my shop before I posted this time....lookey there, that Lazy Cap hasn't creeped back up on my noggin yet! 

....And, I want you to know that "Operation Hubby" has begun again.

What is that you ask?  Ah, yes, all you wonderful new readers (welcome and big thanks, btw :D) would have no idea what I'm talking about....though, truthfully I had, like, 2 people reading me back when I started this Project...haha...so I'll be back to explain more about it later :) 

Just in case you're too curious to wait....you can read the original post if you'd like, here... 
I'm not quite done with the felt....it's seems to have stuck to me...
Quite literally actually...that fuzz sticks to everything :)

Have a fantastic weekend, My Blog Buds...(and that goes to my Friends living in perpetual winter right now, too!)......I'll see you next week!

Smiles all around!
Cam

12 comments:

anni said...

I love all these things. Especially those keyrings. I have to make some similar!

Brenda said...

The cupcake turned out really cute - I'm sure it will be loved. Love your felted creations - felt is such a lovely fabric to work with.

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh my gosh--I love it all....I think cupcakes are SOOOO cute!!!
XO

P.S. I've gotta read about Operation Hubby! lol

Lorraine said...

like your felt cake and less fattening

priti.lisa said...

Cute Cupcake and
VERY lucky Husband 8)
xo

Heather said...

LOve the cupcakes and the keychains. I am sooo glad your back!!!
Heather

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Hi Cameron! This cupcake is just too darn cute!!!! And I love that little keychains, too. I've been toying with the idea of creating little felt goodies - mostly because you can handstitch them! LOL I am NOT a whiz with the sewing machine. :) Great goodies, as always! Theresa

Denise said...

Really love those key rings. So fun and colorful.

Hybrid J said...

What a talented crafty woman you are! Such cute cupcake button and key rings.

And such beautiful tender loving idea to show your hubby your love the whole Feb!!!

You're doing fantastic! :D

Fair Rosamund said...

Hi there Cameron! I'm sorry I haven't been able to visit in a bit, it looks like you've been up to some fabulous stuff! I just love all of your beautiful felt creations, and those colors are fabulous! I hope you are doing well :) ~Lauren

Villa-loredana said...

Thanks dear, and I'm here. Loredana

Carmen said...

Well done on the fabby cupcake! Loving the felty charms especially the one with what looks like tape measure on it... that's surely not felt too? How cool!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...