background

Monday, February 14, 2011

Filling in the Holes

Hi Guys!
This will be short and sweet....just wanted to show you something I haven't offered before.

Inspired once again by my collected treasure....I dipped in and decided to make necklaces from some of the shells I've been saving.  I found some great ones with naturally existing holes in them, perfect for pendants :)
I made this with pretty crystals....

This with a cluster of freshwater pearls and crystals....


And experimented with doing something a bit more flirty and feminine....

...and since I couldn't help myself,  I made matching earrings, too.....
 




And then...and I want to take a poll on this....I put them on and had my Hubs snap some photos....

I'll just leave this picture set to small...haha!  Don't want my crow's feet to distract from the jewelry :)
But, anyway, as I was saying.....does it bother any of you to see people actually wearing the stuff they sell on Etsy or other similar site?  Is there a hygiene issue for any of you?

I'm just curious...I don't really have much of an opportunity to take pics of my items on anyone...it's usually me, alone, tearing up the house trying to "stage" the perfect photos...and I've learned that I cannot take good pics of myself :)  So, this was a bit of a treat...though I don't know if it's Kosher to the average Buyer...

What are your thoughts?

These sets can be found in my shop, that is, if you can stand that they've been worn once...haha!

Thanks again for stopping in.  You guys are awesome!

***EDIT****
Okay, I seem to be getting the answers I suspected were true....I just want to put people at ease....I did swab them with alcohol after wearing them....haha.... And I'll not be putting any pictures of anyone wearing earrings up on Etsy :) *

Hugs,
Cam


17 comments:

Diane said...

Beautiful beautiful jewelry Cameron!!! Happy Valentine's Day!!

Janine said...

hi Cameron, these look all so great, the colors just right, it looks so nice. I love the nature theme in this juwelery. best wishes from Janine

Kiki aka Victoria said...

wow..oh so beautiful Cameron..I am in love with them all..dazzling and enchanting..great photos..shine on!!

Jen said...

I'm okay with purchasing "pre-worn" bracelets and necklaces, but less so with earrings. While I would love to believe no one with any piercing issues (like an infection) would model jewelry, I would just rather see them off-model. I believe there are places where earring sales are non-returnable.

On a happier note, your jewelry is very nice!

Kathy said...

Ooooh...you've been making some pretty stuff there. Very sparkly and girly. As for your question, I don't mind pre-worn jewelry. However, I know several friends who would. The necklaces I think are fine. Perhaps the earrings would be better displayed on a wine glass or hanging off of a card. Just my two cents.
Happy Valentine's Day!! - Kathy

Deedra said...

I adore these necklaces. You made them into so much more than just a shell necklace! Soooooo pretty!!

wyanne said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. I really appreciate it. Your jewelry is exquisite...and you paint too! Don't you just love doing both? I find one feeds off the other. Hope you have a fabulous day creating. Love, Wyanne

Carmen said...

I agree with Jen. I love the pictures of you by the way :) But if I was actually buying - no probs with people modelling necklaces, bracelets... even hair clips but something about earrings would put me off if the exact ones I were to be buying were modelled by a real person.

Your creations are once again gorgeous!

Treehugger_31 said...

Beautiful jewelry! :) Your photo is very nice as well! Happy Valentine's Day!

Denise said...

So beautiful! Happy Valentines Day!

priti.lisa said...

I am not bothered in the least...but i am the girl with an entire closet of used clothing.
Your hair jewelry in the previous post is outta-sight...WOW...
xox

Faerie Moon Creations said...

They are really gorgeous, Cam - you did a fabulous job. :) I actually found myself a nice model head and torso on ebay - I had my hubby drill holes in the head's ears. That's just how I do it. I've seen some sellers who hold up the earrings in their hands - and I do that, too, to show the size. They look really beautiful on you - how wonderful that you are willing to part with them!!! Hope you had a fabulous Valentine's Day! Theresa

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Cam,
Wow, I LOVE the pictures! And it's fabulous to actually see all the gorgeous treasures with you wearing them.
What a great idea!!! You look beautiful and so does the jewelry...

I think I'd just show earrings by themselves on black velvet--easy, peasy and then no worries about what people think!

XO
Cindy

Diana Evans said...

Hi Cameron!!!! your jewels are gorgeous!!!! wonderful work!!!!

Katie's Nesting Spot said...

Those are gorgeous, I love the necklaces the incorporate shell. I'm now in MI but I miss the ocean along CA. Those bring back memories!

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Cameron,
Thanks so much for visiting--still love ALL of your creations!!
XO

sheree said...

there was never a question of whether you clean them before sale, so i dont have a problem, but the head from ebay that Theresa suggested sounds good, if it means the difference between a sale and a non sale. I had the same problem with the underwear I printed, it looks way better on but I didnt think people wanted to see it on someone elses butt before their own!

Ohh PC rules , when did we become so afraid!!

xxx
sheree

P.S. i love that you have also taken off that strange word thingy for spam, so much easier to comment
xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...